Thursday, June 5, 2014

From The College Student: A Complaint


Hi there! Well I haven't been here in a long time! Let me fill you in. Even though you probably had no idea I have a blog. Well, I do. And hopefully, but probably not considering I never stick to anything, I would like to start writing in it more. Not just stories or ideas, but my daily thoughts and complaints and overall whinyness. (It's a word now.) 
So let me catch you up on recent events. I am still working at Mount Hermon, but not only as a lifeguard. I am not part of Adventure Recreation which is cool, and I am hoping to get on Canopy Tours. 
But all that boring stuff aside,
I am now dating Jessica Lloyd. Can we just stop and take a moment to talk about how awesome this person is? Jessica is a short (but not too short), kind, caring, humble and beautiful person. I am so fortunate to have her in my life!  She puts up with my ridiculous whining and my terrible moods. And overall bearishness, cause that's what I am. A bear. Awwwww, how sweet. Well it's true. 

Another shoutout to my AMAZEBALLS SISTER!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! Kelly you are so wonderful and lovely and I am so happy to call you my little big sis. I will forever be your midnight snack run, piss-mom-off, dishwasher, Aloha grill, and Oreo buddy. It's been a wild 18 years, and I can't wait to experience the rest. 


Now to the good stuff. I'm here to complain. I'm here to complain about money. Yes, money. That goshdarn entity in this big world that has made men turn on their brothers and bash their heads in. Well I wanna talk about how much money things cost these days. It's just plain ridiculous. And the amount of money compared to the actual product and all the stuff you could get for the same amount of one expensive item. Let's take the new Mac Pro...

 Looks like something you would put trash in right? Well as slim and sleek and sexy as this thing looks... well its pretty flipping awesome. But the thing is that this puppy starts at about $2999, now that dollar taken off may make it look like it's cheap, but if your not dumb, when you see that number all you see is three thousand bucks! All for a trashcanesque computer. Well as cool as they are, me being a college student, I would sooner buy a car, or a semester of classes, or a new bike, or anything of more practical use, than buy a Mac Pro. Now many people would have a use for this, but I don't. I'm using a PC still running XP and have been for 5 years now. I hate it, it's slow, loud, clunky, and needs to be replaced. I complain about it all the time and so I won't say I am gonna settle for it because it works and I should be thankful. I've been thankful for it for 5 dang years. It's time for a new one. So my message to Apple is this: Please give college students more than 100 dollars off a mac. Please. There is really no point in taking that little off of it, with all the crap I'm gonna preload on that thing, it's not even worth getting the student discount. I know you have to make a profit, but you're one of the biggest companies on the planet. Show the planet some love and give us some free stuff. That is all.



P.S. For those of you who are on Summer break now... I give you this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment